For those of you who missed the last foundation course and don't want to wait till May next year...
When you start ecoprinting, you open the door to a magical world. But it's a world that can sometimes be confusing and frustrating. You see beautiful
work posted online, with glowing colours and clear crisp prints, but yours don't turn out like that, and you wonder what the 'secret' is.
Well I'll let you into a secret - there isn't a secret!
What there is is knowledge, skills and practice.
Those are the essential ingredients for getting reliable, crisp prints.
This online workshop will give you that knowledge , teach you the techniques you need, give you confidence in your results, and inspire you to take the next steps on your learning
- A detailed materials list which you will receive on booking.
- Approximately 2 hours of video tuition and extensive text lessons which you will be able to access for 9 months
- A comprehensive
manual that you can download, print, and keep forever
- A free 30 minutes zoom call with me, one to one, to share your results and ask questions ( option to purchase further zoom consultations if wishes)
- This isn't a live course - you can access
it whenever you want, and learn at your own pace
- Basically, everything that you would get in my face to face beginners workshop, but with a printable manual, and a zoom session with me to ask questions
Who is it for?
and near beginners , this is ideal for you. You will learn everything you need to set out on your printing adventures , including how to source the materials you need economically - ecoprinting need not be expensive! By the end of the course you will
have a practical setup at home to continue your printing, you will have made a number of pieces using different methods, and you will have all the knowledge and technique you need to continue experimenting confidently, and progress to more complicated processes
But it's not just for complete beginners. Have you been printing for a while, but just not happy with your results? Blurred prints? Wrinkled fabric? Unsightly blobs? Leaves that just won't print at all? Not sure how to use an iron blanket? Not
sure when to use a barrier?Just feeling confused and lacking understanding about what works and why? This course will answer your questions and restore your confidence. Everything you need to know to enable you to take the next step with more complex techniques.
In short, this is the course that I wish had existed when I started my ecoprinting journey
What we will cover
- The materials you will need, and how to prepare them, including finding leaves that will give you great results.
What to use when you can't get fresh leaves.
- How to set up your workplace, including working safely in your kitchen if you don't have studio space.
- Comprehensive and detailed instructions for bundling - lots of video footage of me actually
making bundles , telling you exactly what I am doing step by step - and why
- Composition and design
- Troubleshooting - what went wrong, why, and what to do so it doesn't happen again
- How long to cook, when to unbundle, how to care
for your fabric afterwards
- We will start by making samples, and progress to scarves, and larger pieces suitable for cushions or bags
- We will be steaming our bundles, not submerging and boiling
- We will be working with iron as our
only mordant. (My next module. Ecoprint with natural dyes will build on this, adding other mordants and combining ecoprint with natural dyes)
How to book
Use this link to book
( You will need to cut and paste this rather than click on it)
You will be able
to pay by credit card or paypal
NB If you have previously done my beginners workshop for the stitchclub, or PenWAG there will be some duplication in the early part of the course, so you are entitled to a discounted price of £50 . Please
contact me for a coupon code before booking