I am running my well received ecoprint with natural dyes course again, commencing October 9th 2021.
When I ran it in May , participants were thrilled with the amount and depth of information, but some found it almost too much in
one go. So I have decided to split it in to two parts, which will run consecutively. I have also added additional content based on the questions asked in the previous workshop.
I will also run both parts in 2022, giving you the chance to do part 1 now
and part 2 next year
A truly comprehensive workshop covering mordants, natural dyes, and combining natural dye with ecoprint . Everything you need to know to create vividly coloured ecoprinted textiles on both cellulose and protein fabrics.
Timed to commence while leaves are at their best in as many climate zones as possible. There will also be advice on collecting and storing leaves that are specially suited to the techniques used in the course. I am also going to extend availability to 9 months,
so that you will still have access next year when the new spring leaves emerge in the northern hemisphere.
- A comprehensive materials list which you can access as soon as you book
on collecting and storing leaves suitable for these techniques
- Extensive video tutorials, with access for 9 months
- Eleven separate teaching modules,each containing multiple lessons
- A downloadable manual
- A private facebook
group where you can share progress and ask questions, for five weeks
- An intensive course, rich in detailed information - but fun and creative too
- This isn't a live course - you can access it whenever you like, and learn at your own pace -
no problem whatever time zone you live in
- Basically, everything you would get on my 5 day face to face workshop for ecoprint and natural dyes, but with a printable manual and continued online support
Who is it for?
Anyone who has mastered the basic ecoprinting skills. You need to know how to bundle, how to use barriers and blankets, how to steam. This course is for people who are getting satisfactory prints using simple methods, and now want to start getting more
colourful results. Or for more advanced printers who need a refresher, feel there is scope to improve their results, or would simply like to be part of an enthusiastic and interactive ecoprint learning group.
I will not be covering basic
bundling skills so this course is not suitable for complete beginners.I do have a foundation skills online course which would give you all the basics you need to follow on to this course
(This course is running again commencing August 28th to lead in to the Ecoprint and natural dyes course)
we will cover
- Choice and sourcing of fabrics
- Mordanting for both protein and cellulose fabrics
- What leaves and dyes actually do and how they interact
- Discharging leaves
- Making up dyebaths with
several different dyes
- Adding your dye several different ways - before, during or after printing
- Using carrier cloths/blankets
- Lots of video showing exactly how I bundle to get clear prints and no wrinkles
- How to wash and
care for your fabric
- Problem solving and analysis of your work
- You are positively encouraged to ask questions and share your work within the private group, and a great deal of extra teaching will take place in this group
- The focus
will be on truly understanding how fabric, mordant, leaf and dye interact with each other, by making multiple samples using very varied techniques.
- This course will be followed by part two which will take these skills forward in exciting ways to print
scarves and garments, make large pieces of yardage, make mirror images and create patterned backgrounds
To book, cut and paste this link